Daniel Leocadi Wetplate Workshop

<<collodion, silver nitrate, and the sweetest fix you'll ever have>>

 I'm typically not a big writer on these posts, but suffice it to say... I had the opportunity to spend three days with who I like to call, 'the chemical brothers'- eating, sleeping, and breathing the wetplate process. They listened to my exhausting banter, answered my questions, cheered me on when my plates turned out and encouraged me when my plates sucked. They posed for portraits, championed my ideas, and froze their butts off in an unheated darkroom while I made plate after plate... and then offered me tea when we couldn't feel our fingers anymore. I love this process- it is literal magic- and I love these guys for being so patient as they taught it to me. 

For more information on Daniel's workshops,
check out www.danielleocadi.com

 photo IMG_0664-copy_zpshqewvujk.jpg photo Untitled-3-copy_zpslbwaygly.jpg photo IMG_0647-copy_zpsksahjfia.jpg photo IMG_0719-copy_zps55cfmp02.jpg photo Untitled-1-copy_zpsqxkd9avk.jpg photo IMG_0644-copy_zpsm1809wqb.jpg photo IMG_0701-copy_zpsaoek0j25.jpg photo IMG_0667-copy_zpsdngty2ac.jpg photo IMG_0687-copy_zpsm87bwkqo.jpg photo IMG_0691-copy_zpsab3ld1kp.jpg photo Untitled-4-copy_zps8fmqtzta.jpg photo IMG_0700-copy_zpspqjob4q2.jpg photo IMG_0703-copy_zpssakvmb1g.jpg photo IMG_0646-copy_zps2h6uirug.jpg photo Untitled-5-copy_zpsw2eu16xy.jpg photo IMG_0652-copy_zpszkgulqzm.jpg photo IMG_0650-copy_zpsmfzbndqo.jpg photo Untitled-2-copy_zpsggt6xdzs.jpg photo IMG_0718-copy_zpssrlvz7e4.jpg photo IMG_0715-copy_zpsidaqkdba.jpg
 photo IMG_0730-copy_zps8iionwux.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment