oregon wedding photography retreat // fall 2015

So here's the deal...  I've been hosting photography workshops and retreats for the past several years, but it wasn't until I attended a retreat of my own that I truly realized their massive benefits and surprising potential. 

Last fall, after hosting two of my own retreats back to back, I decided it was time for myself to soak up some rest and inspiration, so I headed to the mountains of North Carolina to Jessica OH Photography's 'OH YEAH' Workshop. For three days I was surrounded by pretty things to photograph and photographers with rad stories to share. I left feeling motivated up the wazoo and more inspired about my business than perhaps I'd ever been.

 photo retreat-post-2_zpsf6685bbf.jpg photo retreat-post-3_zps38d50689.jpg
In the two months since, I have changed the name of my business, completely rebranded, and have reworked my business plan. That, my friends, is EXACTLY what a retreat can do for a professional photographer.

See, I was under the impression that since I'd been in the biz for 10 years, there wasn't much else to learn... but I was sadly mistaken. The reality is, the greatest ideas and inspirations came from the other photographers I was shooting along side. It was the late night talks over the glow of our computers about editing software and branding techniques... or the early morning walks on a quiet country road that gave me the time to contemplate and come up with a plan to move forward.

 photo retreat-post1_zps47edb865.jpg
My friends- I'm telling you... if you invest in anything this year with regard to your business, let a photography retreat be on your bucket list for 2015. It will inspire the pants off of you and you will absolutely leave a better photographer.

Whew- all that said- I'm beyond excited to have been invited to host a workshop series at the beautiful Scholls Valley Lodge in Oregon this fall and I'd LOVE for you to join me!! For three days, we'll be eating, sleeping, and breathing, all things photography. From beautifully styled shoots (including an engagement shoot, a bridal shoot, and a styled wedding shoot) to late night chats about upping the anti of our businesses... it is my hope that we'll all leave edified and with big plans!

 photo IMG_6015-copy-3_zps8023844a.jpg Here's what's included...

<<lodging for 3 days and 3 nights at Scholls Valley Lodge>>
 The place is AMAZING- check out their website!

<<all meals>> 
Here's my philosophy on that subject- this is retreat people... emphasis on the word "treat". And I like to treat my peeps good, and feed them well. So- no frozen lasagna this time my friends... I'll be flying out the home chef I've brought on for past retreats and the guy is amazing. Check out the blogpost I did on him last year- he's food genius.

<<the workshop!>>
We're gonna jam pack these three days with shoots and discussions and discussions and shoots! I'll show you how I do things and I'd love to hear how you do you! We all have SO MUCH to learn from one another and that's exactly the atmosphere I go for at my retreats. 

And as for the shoots, I want you to leave with a fantastic variety of funky shots to add to your portfolio so we'll not only have a styled wedding, but we'll also be photographing a bridal shoot and two engagement shoots. And when we're not photographing people, we'll be experimenting together with tricky ambient light, sparklers, and all those other low light situations that intimidate us.

<<the investment: $950>>
 photo retreat-post-5_zpsc6c27a1f.jpg photo retreat-post4_zps46085383.jpg

So- have I pumped you up? Are you in?! Well think fast, because I like to keep my retreats intimate, which means there are only 8 seats available. Secure yours asap because after all, aren't some of our best decisions the impulsive ones? ;)

And if you need one more nudge, here's a little sneak peek of our theme for the retreat... if you're looking to add some color to your portfolio- this would be it!

 photo oregon-retreat-copy_zpsdclrtg9z.jpg
Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have as well at  almirabphotography@gmail.com and check out my 'retreats' page for some behind the scenes action from past retreats.

So without further adieu...


REGISTER HERE!
          

6 comments :

  1. The Couples' Choice Awards recognizes our business as being among the top 5% of wedding professionals nationwide. kad kahwin

    ReplyDelete
  2. i must say perfect captured pictures for perfect couple...

    Dubai Wedding Photography

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! All the time I use ADOBE PHOTOSHOP for Ed. photos and have never used Lightroom. Tell me, please, is Photoshop Lightroom completely can replace the quality of the processed image at the same level? And maybe someone hear about aurora photo editing soft? here it is http://aurorahdr.com/getstarted/overview-aurora-hdr

    ReplyDelete
  4. With this blog you really took our attention to the points that we never thought about. Thanks for sharing this with all of us. All the best, way to go

    http://www.schubertrodrigues.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great article! One more thing..... before wedding try to make sample photos of your moving child or dog in the dark places. Photography Courses Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi to every single one, it’s truly a good for me to visit this web page, it includes helpful Information. Corporate Photographer

    ReplyDelete